2022 Anglers of the Year Brandon Roberts and Brandon Mccart.
RAMP: LIVE OAK LANDING
ENTRY FEE $125
OPTIONAL SIDE POT $25
CLASSIC- FISH 3 OR TOP 25
7 FISH LIMIT PER EVENT
ANGLERS OF THE YEAR RECEIVE FREE ENTRY AND BOAT 1 NEXT SEASON.
NOVEMBER 25TH 2023
DECEMBER 9TH 2023
JANUARY 6TH 2024
CLASSIC (TOP 25 OR FISH ALL 3):
JANUARY 20TH 2024 LIVE OAK LANDING
WINTER SERIES DATE EFFECTIVE 11/25/23 Official Rules:
“Winter Series Tournament Series Official Rules:
EVERY ANGLER COMPETING HAS TO READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL THE RULES
PRIOR TO FISHING. ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS INVOLVING THE RULES
PLEASE CONTACT JEREMY BASS @ 228-327-5941
1. Tournament director has the final say and can deny any team from entering the tournament no
exceptions. The Tournament Director will be allowed to participate in the tournaments.
2. Sportsmanship Rule: Any unsportsmanlike behavior during tournament hours will be grounds for
disqualification from the tournament. This includes but not limited to behaviors like, someone holesitting for you,
reckless boat operation, intentionally snagging fish, etc….
3. Communication rule- During tournament hours the use of any communication device to seek
guidance or fishing information is not allowed.
4. All fish are to be caught during the hours of the tournament on the body of water the tournament
is being held without leaving the boat or receiving fish from another team
5. All State, Corp of engineers, local and Pride of the South rules/laws will be obeyed. It’s the
Anglers responsibility to be knowledgeable of the rules. If your team is issued a ticket during any
Pride of The South tournaments, you must notify the tournament director prior to weighing any fish.
It’s the tournament director’s discretion to determine the penalty up to disqualification.
7. Only 2 people maximum per boat.
8. No leaving the boat to push into any place. If you become stuck, you can push out but not
allowed to continue to push forward to gain access. You must always remain inside the boat no
sticking one leg out to push.
9. The influencing or requesting any operation of a spillway outside it normal schedule operating
times will be disqualified. (Example Olin basin)
10. If you’re late to weigh in it will result in disqualification. Must hang check in key fob on check in
board before your official weigh in time. The official time clock will be on the check in board.
(Example 3:59:59 is on time 4:00:00 is late.)
**If you have an emergency or mechanical breakdown please send tournament director a text 228-
327-5941. If you are broke down trying to get back for weigh in, you are allowed to ride with another
team as long as one team member stays with the fish. Both teams are responsible to make it back
on time. **
12. Seven fish 12 in limit per boat. Fish measured with a Radicull Beamer Board.
13. 1/4lb (4oz) per 1 dead fish. 1/2lb per 2 or more dead fish (Example: 1 dead fish .25 deduction 2
dead fish .75 deduction 3 dead fish 1.25lb deduction.) Lunker winning fish must be weighed alive.
Short fish will be released immediately. Ties will be determined by the Lunker between the two
teams. It is the team’s responsibility to notify the weigh master that you want your Lunker weighed.
Any suspicious dead fish can be denied weighed in per tournament director’s discretion.
14. All fished weighed in will be released back. It’s the tournament director’s discretion to allow
teams to trailer prior to weighing in.
15. Artificial bait only. No trolling or live bait fishing. Only 1 rod allowed at a time. (A-RIGS are
legal). You must completely retrieve your line inside the boat prior to picking up another rod. Jigger
poles are not allowed. Cannot fish using the big motor must be off.
16. No alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs allowed during tournament. If you’re subject to taking a
polygraph no drinking after you weigh your fish until all places and prizes have been decided.
17. No culling at the dock. Only 7 fish allowed in live well at any time.
19. Each team is allowed (1) alternate for the season to keep the points. Any team using a 4th person
for their team the Boater and the 4th person will create a new team.
20. Points will be based on a 100 points scale plus weight. The winner gets 100 points and goes
down 1 point per place. If any teams that has entered the tournament does not weigh in or zeroes,
they will receive 25 points less than the last place team that weighed in.
21. Must follow all water safety rules. Life jackets and kill switches during blast off and while boat is
22. Must abide by all “NO WAKE ZONES”. This includes blast off at live oak. Upper and Lower
Bryant’s on Tensaw must obey buoys.
23. Can leave the boat in an emergency only. No fishing allowed while not inside of the boat during
an emergency. If a team member must leave early you are allowed to drop him off at the dock. Once
a person leaves the boat, they are not allowed back in the boat to fish anymore in that tournament.
The angler staying must remain in the boat the entire time.
24. Off limits are determined by state laws. No fishing in ponds or private waters during high water
levels. No casting into a private or off limit waters even if your boat is not sitting in the off-limits
waters. Cannot leave the boat to gain access to fishable waters. You are allowed to lock through
Dams. The following are OFF-LIMITS DOCTOR LAKE, HELLCAT LAKE, BOYKIN LAKE, FLAG LAKE,
GREEN LAKE, BEAR LAKE, CHOCTAW LAKE, OLIN BASIN, BIG CHIPPEWA LAKE, AND LITTLE
25. Must obey all posted signs this includes dams. (Section 220-6-19 it shall be unlawful to fail to
comply with any restrictive sign, buoy, or marker as approved by the Director of the Alabama
Marine Police Division). Treat the sign like a wall do not cross nor cast past the posted sign or the
area the sign is referencing this includes private ponds or off-limit areas.
26. Any team fishing in 3-mile creek on mobile river, you must obey the “idle only” designated
areas. During Alabama Waterfowl season trolling motor only in Bay Grass, Big and Little Bateau
27. Any Boat is allowed to carry gas with you in an approved coast guard tank with quick
disconnects. Handheld tanks are not allowed cannot leave boat to get gas on land. No one is
allowed to bring you gas during the tournament. Running out of gas is not a mechanical breakdown
you must still make it back on time.
28. Live well check will be conducted during registration.
29. An approved boat must be equipped with an Outboard Water-Cooled motor only. No jet foot
motors, or go-devil style motors will be allowed to enter the tournament. Also live well, navigation
and running lights. (Any questions call Tournament Director 228-327-5941)
30. If a team has their trolling motor down FISHING, you must give that team a 50 YD courtesy
distance on the bank being fished unless both teams agree differently. If a team has their anchor
out FISHING, you must give that team a 100 YD courtesy distance unless both teams agree. Can’t
block any access to fishable waters.
31. Anyone that fishes any of the pride of the south tournaments are fishing at their own risk and
cannot hold anyone that is involved in the tournament responsible.
32. Each event will have a mandatory polygraph test performed per the Tournament director’s
decision. A formal protest must be filed by the closing of the scales in person. Any obscene or
vulgar gestures said at the event because of the protest will result in banning of the trail. This type
of conduct will not be tolerated.
33. In case of a 1st place tie the team with the biggest fish in their limit wins the decision and the
losing team of the tie will be considered 2
nd place. Lunker ties will result in a 50/50 payout split.
35. W-9 FORMS are required before any team gets paid. All payments will be in form of a check.
TOP 25 OR FISH ALL 3 MAKE THE CHAMPIONSHIP