Kings of the River
2024 General Information
OPEN 2 DAY BASS TOURNAMENT
JUNE 1ST AND 2ND 2024
LITTLE RIVER MARINA
$200 INCLUDES LUNKER POT
$50 OPTIONAL SIDE POT
LUNKER AND SIDE POT PAID EACH DAY
MUST FOLLOW ALL RULES AND BE ABLE TO PASS A POLYGRAPH.
Kings of the River Division
OPEN 2 DAY BASS TOURNAMENT
JUNE 1ST AND 2ND 2024
JEREMY BASS 228-327-5941
MIKE BASS 228-990-8333
Kings of the River Official Rules:
ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS INVOLVING THE RULES PLEASE CONTACT JEREMY BASS @ 228-327-5941 OR EMAIL MJEREMYBASS@YAHOO.COM
1. Any angler entering a Pride of the South event shall read, understand, and follow all the rules.
2. Tournament director has the final say and can deny any team from entering the tournament no
exceptions. The Tournament Director will be allowed to participate in the tournaments.
3. ON TIME CHECK IN- Each team is given two Key Fobs when you register in the morning. You are
responsible to hang 1 Key Fob back on the board per the official tournament time installed on the
board before you due in time (Example 3:30 weigh in time (3:29:59-on time) (3:30:00 Late
disqualified). The 2nd Key fob bring with your fish to weigh in. If you choose to leave early or not
weigh, please hang both back on the board so we know you are off the water.
**If you have an emergency or break down, you must contact the tournament director @ 228-990-
8333 for instructions. If you are broke down trying to get back for weigh in, you are allowed to ride
with another team as long as one team member stays with the fish. **
3. Sportsmanship Rule: Any unsportsmanlike behavior during tournament hours will be grounds for
disqualification from the tournament. This includes but not limited to behaviors like, someone
holesitting for you, reckless boat operation, intentionally snagging fish, etc….
4. Communication rule- During tournament hours the use of any communication device to seek
guidance or fishing information is not allowed. The hiring of guides, non-eligible anglers, or
nonmembered anglers pre-fishing for you prior to any event is not allowed.
5. All fish are to be caught during the hours of the tournament. (You are allowed to run around to the
nearby rivers) without leaving the boat or receiving fish from another team
6. All State, local and Pride of the South rules/laws will be obeyed.
7. Only 2 people maximum per boat.
8. No leaving the boat to push into any place to fish or gain access must always remain inside the
hull. Only can use the trolling motor or big motor to gain access any other methods are prohibited.
10. All site fish must be caught inside the mouth. No snagging
11. Five fish 12 in or Lake Rule limit per boat. Fish measured with a Radicull Beamer Board.
12. 1/4lb (4oz) per dead fish. Lunker winning fish must be weighed alive. Short fish will be released
immediately. Ties will be determined by the Lunker between the two teams. It is the team’s
responsibility to notify the weigh master that you want your Lunker weighed. Any suspicious dead
fish can be denied being weighed in per tournament director’s discretion.
13. All fished weighed in will be released back. It’s the tournament director’s discretion to allow
teams to trailer prior to weighing in.
14. Artificial bait only. No trolling or live bait fishing. Only 1 rod allowed at a time. (A-RIGS are
legal). You must completely retrieve your line inside the boat prior to picking up another rod. Jigger
poles are not allowed. Big motor must be off while fishing no using the big motor to troll.
15. No alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs allowed during tournament. If you’re subject to taking a
polygraph no drinking after you weigh your fish until all places and prizes have been decided.
16. No culling at the dock. Only 5 fish allowed in live well at any time.
17. cutting down of green trees to fish during the tournament prior to any pride of the south
tournament will result in being banned from fishing the trail.
18. Each team is allowed (1) alternate for the season to keep the points. The alternate cannot fish
alone and must have either the boater or non-boater in the boat to be eligible to fish. An alternate
must fish at least 1 regular season event to be eligible for any championship. Cannot use an
alternate for the first time in a Championship. You will have to fish solo if you partner can’t fish.
19. Points will be based on a 100 points scale plus your tournament weight. The winner gets 100
points and goes down 1 point per place. If any teams that has entered the tournament does not
weigh in or zeroes, they will receive 25 points less than the last place team that weighed in. THERE
WILL BE NO DROPPED TOURNAMENTS ALL EVENTS COUNT.
20. Must follow all water safety rules. Life jackets and kill switches while big motor running.
21. Must abide by all “NO WAKE ZONES”. State NO WAKE ZONES are in Mary Walker bayou and
between Highway 90 and the railroad bridge. You are responsible for your wake.
22. Can leave the boat in an emergency only. No fishing allowed while not inside of the boat during
an emergency. If a team member must leave early you are allowed to drop him off at the dock. Once
a person leaves the boat, they are not allowed back in the boat to fish anymore in that tournament.
The angler staying must remain in the boat the entire time.
23. Off limits are determined by state laws. No fishing in ponds or private waters during high water
levels. No casting into a private or off limit waters even if your boat is not sitting in the off-limits
waters. Cannot leave the boat to gain access to fishable waters. If you can navigate your boat by
water its considered legal fishable waters.
24. Must obey all posted permitted signs and buoys.
25. Any Boat is allowed to carry gas with you in an approved coast guard tank with quick
disconnects. Handheld tanks are not allowed cannot leave boat to get gas on land. No one is
allowed to bring you gas during the tournament. Plan accordingly if you run out of gas you must
make it back on time in your boat. If you ride back your catch will be disqualified.
26. Live well check will be conducted during registration.
27. An approved boat must be equipped with an Outboard Water-Cooled motor only. No jet foot
motors, or go-devil style motors will be allowed to enter the tournament. Also live well, working
navigation and running lights.
28. If a team has their trolling motor down FISHING you must give that team a 50 YD courtesy
distance unless both teams agree differently. If a team has their anchor out FISHING, you must give
that team a 100 YD courtesy distance unless both teams agree.
29. Anyone that fishes any of the pride of the south tournaments are fishing at their own risk and
cannot hold anyone that is involved in the tournament responsible.
30. Each event will have a mandatory polygraph test performed per the Tournament director’s
decision. A formal protest must be filed by the closing of the scales in person. Any obscene or
vulgar gestures said at the event because of the protest will result in banning of the trail. This type
of conduct will not be tolerated.
31. In case of a 1st place tie the team with the biggest fish in their limit wins the decision and the
losing team of the tie will be considered 2nd place. Lunker ties will result in a 50/50 payout split.
32. In case of an AOY Points tie. The two teams will be given a 2-hour fish-off after the last event to
break the tie. They will be allowed to bring 1 fish back and the largest fish wins.
Results will be posted here.