Ross Barnett Division
PRIDE OF THE SOUTH ROSS BARNETT DIVISION HAS 7 REGULAR SEASON EVENTS PLUS A SEMI AND GRAND CHAMPIONSHIP FOR QUALIFED TEAMS. EVERY EVENT WILL USE TOMMY’S LANDING. EACH TEAM IN THEIR CATERGORY EARNS POINTS BASED ON FINISH AND THE HIGHEST POINTS LEADERS PER CATERGORY AFTER THE OCTOBER 4TH EVENT DROPPING TWO LOWEST WILL BE THE ANGLERS OF THE YEAR AND WILL RECEIVE FREE ENTRY TO THE NEXT SEASON. PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW ALL RULES.
MEMBERSHIP OPTIONS (INCLUDES ALTERNATES) ONE MEMBERSHIP ALLOWS YOU TO COMPETE IN ALL DIVSIONS:
BASIC $50 PER PERSON/$100 PER TEAM 17 AND YOUNGER FREE
COSTS (MEMBERSHIP MUST BE PAID PRIOR TO FISHING INCLUDING ALTERNATES):
QUALIFIER ENTRY FEE $200 (INCLUDES $10 LUNKER POT AND $2 LAUNCH FEE)
SEMI-CHAMPIONSHIP ENTRY FEE $300
GRAND CHAMPIONSHIP ENTRY FEE $300
OPTIONAL WINNER TAKE ALL BONUS POTS (PAYOUT HIGHEST FINISHER):
TEAM OR SOLO-$25
CONTACT: TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR
Ross Barnett Division – Print Schedule Here
Location Tommy’s Landing
FEBRUARY 8TH 2020
MAY 24TH 2020 (OPEN/POINTS EVENT)
JUNE 7TH 2020
JUNE 21ST 2020
JULY 12TH 2020
SEPTEMBER 20TH 2020
OCTOBER 4TH 2020
SEMI-CHAMPIONSHIP OCTOBER 17TH 2020
GRAND CHAMPIONSHIP March 26th-27th 2021 ROLAND COOPER
Jeremy Bass @ 228-327-5941
ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS INVOLVING THE RULES PLEASE CONTACT Jeremy Bass @ 228-327-5941
2020 PRIDE OF THE SOUTH” Tournament series Official Rules:
1. Tournament director has the final say and can deny any team from entering the tournament no exceptions. The Tournament Director will be allowed to participate in the tournaments. The tournament director’s fish will be weighed by a team participating in the tournament that is not part of the staff and also witnessed by a second team.
2. All State, local and Pride of the South rules/laws will be obeyed. It’s the Anglers responsibility to be knowledgeable of the rules. If your team is issued a ticket during any Pride of The South tournaments you must notify the tournament director prior to weighing any fish. It’s the tournament director’s discretion to determine the penalty up to disqualification. Failure to comply can result in a failed polygraph.
3. $35 basic membership fee per angler including alternates prior to first tournament fished. With paid membership can fish All Divisions. Anyone younger than 16 does not have to pay the membership fee. Your team has to pick the type of membership at first tournament fished.
4. Only 2 people maximum per boat. A team is either solo or a boater and non-boater.
5. If you’re late to weigh in it will result in disqualification. MUST CHECK IN.
6. Five fish 14 in or Lake Rule limit per boat. Fish measured with a golden rule.
7. Preregistration will be available til 9:00 pm Thursday night before the tournament. All teams that pre-register will draw a boat number Saturday morning at sign up. Any team that signs up after preregistration period will receive the next available boat number.
8. 1/4lb (4oz) per dead fish. Lunker winning fish must be weighed alive. Short fish will be released immediately. Ties will be determined by the Lunker between the two teams. It is the team’s responsibility to notify the weigh master that you want your Lunker weighed. Any suspicious dead fish can be denied to be weighed in per tournament director’s discretion.
9. All fished weighed in will be released back. It’s the tournament director’s discretion to allow teams to trailer prior to weighing in.
10. Artificial bait only. No trolling or live bait fishing. Only 1 rod allowed at a time. (A-RIGS are legal)
11. No alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs allowed during tournament. If you’re subject to taking a polygraph no drinking after you weigh your fish until all places and prizes have been decided.
12. No culling at the dock. Only 5 fish allowed in live well at any time.
13. Each team is allowed (1) alternate for the season to keep the points. Any team using a 4th person for their team the Boater and the 4th person will create a new team. The alternate cannot fish alone and must have either the boater or non-boater in the boat to be eligible to fish. No alternates will be allowed to fish in the championships. You will have to fish solo if you partner can’t fish. The alternate must pay their membership prior to fishing.
14. Points will be based on a 200 points scale. The winner gets 200 points and goes down 1 point per place. If any teams that has entered the tournament does not weigh in or zeroes they will receive 25 points less than the last place team that weighed in.
15. Must follow all water safety rules. Navigation lights shall be in working order at blast off. Life jackets while big motor running unless loading your boat.
16. Must abide by all “NO WAKE ZONES”.
17. Can leave the boat in an emergency situations only. No fishing allowed while not inside of the boat during an emergency. If a team member has to leave early you are allowed to drop him off at
the dock. Once a person leaves the boat they are not allowed back in the boat to fish anymore in that tournament. The angler staying must remain in the boat the entire time.
18. Off limits are determined by State Laws. No fishing in ponds or private waters during high water levels. Cannot leave the boat to gain access to fishable waters. You are allowed to lock through Dams.
19. Must obey all posted signs this includes dams. (Section 220-6-19 it shall be unlawful to fail to comply with any restrictive sign, buoy, or marker as approved by the Director of the Marine Police Division). Treat the sign like a wall do not cross nor cast past the posted sign or the area the sign is referencing.
20. Any Boat is allowed to carry gas in an approved coast guard tank with quick disconnects. Hand Held tanks are not allowed cannot leave boat to get gas on land.
21. Live well check will be conducted during registration. Please have Navigation lights on for inspection.
22. Outboard motors only will be allowed. No jet foot motors or go-devil style motors will be allowed to enter the tournament.
23. If a team has their trolling motor down FISHING you must give that team a 50 YD courtesy distance unless both teams agree differently. If a team has their anchor out FISHING you must give that team a 100 YD courtesy distance unless both teams agree. This does not mean you can block access to fishable waters by sitting in the entrance of a creek or lake. If a boat wants to gain entrance and your fishing the mouth they are allowed to idle or troll past WITHOUT FISHING until they reach the courtesy distance.
24. Anyone that fishes any of the pride of the south tournaments are fishing at their own risk and cannot hold anyone that is involved in the tournament responsible.
25. Each event will have a mandatory polygraph test performed. Testing will be conducted to the winning team or random top 5 plus Lunker winner per the tournament director’s discretion. A FORMAL PROTEST MUST BE FILED BY THE CLOSING OF THE SCALES IN PERSON.
26. In case of a 1st place tie the team with the biggest fish in their limit wins the decision and the losing team of the tie will be consider 2nd place. Lunker ties will result in a 50/50 payout split.
Kings of Rez Angler of the Year Title
The Rez division will crown its Kings of the Rez at the end of its last qualifying tournament for the season. The team will receive free entry for the following season.
Weigh in Sheet OCTOBER 4TH 2020 TOMMY’S LANDING
2020-21 ROSS BARNETT Anglers of the Year 9-20-2020
Weigh in Sheet SEPTEMBER 20TH 2020 TOMMY’S LANDING
2020-21 ROSS BARNETT Anglers of the Year 7-12-2020
Weigh in Sheet JULY 12TH 2020 TOMMY’S LANDING FINAL
Weigh in Sheet JUNE 21ST 2020 TOMMY’S LANDING FINAL RESULTS
2020-21 ROSS BARNETT Anglers of the Year 6-21-2020
Angler of Year Standings 6-7-20