Bama Bigbee Division
PRIDE OF THE SOUTH BAMA-BIGBEE DIVISION HAS 8 REGULAR SEASON EVENTS PLUS A SEMI AND GRAND CHAMPIONSHIP FOR QUALIFIED TEAMS. EVENTS WILL BE HELD AT DEMOPOLIS (CITY LANDING), ROLAND COOPER (ROLAND COOPER STATE PARK), SWIFT CREEK, AND COOTERS POND. WE OFFER A TEAM AND SOLO ANGLER OF THE YEAR THAT WILL EARN FREE ENTRY TO NEXT SEASON AFTER COMPLETING THE FEBRUARY 20TH EVENT AND DROPPING LOWEST EVENTS. PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW ALL RULES.
MEMBERSHIP OPTIONS (INCLUDES ALTERNATES):
BASIC $35 PER PERSON/$70 PER TEAM 17 AND YOUNGER FREE
GOLD TEAM $200 PER TEAM (EXTRA PAYOUT TO HIGHEST TEAM $250+FREE ENTRY)
GOLD SOLO $100 (EXTRA PAYOUT TO HIGHEST SOLO $125+FREE ENTRY)
COSTS (MEMBERSHIP MUST BE PAID PRIOR TO FISHING INCLUDING ALTERNATES):
QUALIFIER ENTRY FEE $125 (INCLUDES $10 LUNKER POT AND $5 LAUNCH FEE)
2 DAY SEMI CHAMPIONSHIP $220
GRAND CHAMPIONSHIP $300
OPTIONAL WINNER TAKE ALL BONUS POTS (PAYOUT HIGHEST FINISHER PER CATERGORY):
TEAM OR SOLO $25
CONTACT: TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR
Bama Bigbee Division – Print Schedule Here
May 30th 2020 Demopolis
June 6th 2020 Roland Cooper
June 27th 2020 Roland Cooper
September 26th 2020 Demopolis
October 10th 2020 Roland Cooper
November 7th 2020 Demopolis
December 12th 2020 Swift Creek
February 20th 2021 Cooter’s Pond
March 12th – 13th 2021 Semi-Championship Demopolis
March 26th-27th 2021 Grand Championship Roland Cooper
“2020-21 PRIDE OF THE SOUTH” Tournament series Official Rules:
ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS INVOLVING THE RULES PLEASE CONTACT JEREMY BASS @ 228-327-5941 OR EMAIL MJEREMYBASS@YAHOO.COM
- Tournament director has the final say and can deny any team from entering the tournament no exceptions. The Tournament Director will be allowed to participate in the tournaments. The tournament director’s fish will be weighed by a team participating in the tournament that is not part of the staff and also witnessed by a second team.
- In the event of bad weather, high water, or any other circumstance that would put a schedule event at risk the tournament director has the final say and can decide to let the members vote or cancel the event. Only current members vote will count.
- All State, local and Pride of the South rules/laws will be obeyed. It’s the Anglers responsibility to be knowledgeable of the rules. If your team is issued a ticket during any Pride of The South tournaments you must notify the tournament director prior to weighing any fish. It’s the tournament director’s discretion to determine the penalty up to disqualification.
- Membership fee per angler including alternates prior to first tournament fished. Anyone younger than 17 does not have to pay the membership fee.
- GOLD Members must have your contingency shirt at weigh in. Failure to have shirt will disqualify your team from getting the prize money. If your team needs pictures for another contingency program you will be allowed to change shirts and take the necessary pictures to qualify.
- Only 2 people maximum per boat. An eligible team is either solo, boater and non-boater, or adult-youth (youth must be 17 and under).
- If you’re late to weigh in it will result in disqualification. Must hang check in key fob on check in board before your official weigh in time. The official time clock will be on the check in board. Failure to hang your keyfobs on the board if you leave early or don’t weigh in will result in 0 points for the event.
- Five fish 12 in or Lake Rule limit per boat. Fish measured with a Radicull Beamer Board.
- 1/4lb (4oz) per dead fish. Lunker winning fish must be weighed alive. Short fish will be released immediately. Ties will be determined by the Lunker between the two teams. It is the team’s responsibility to notify the weigh master that you want your Lunker weighed. Any suspicious dead fish can be denied to be weighed in per tournament director’s discretion.
- All fished weighed in will be released back. It’s the tournament director’s discretion to allow teams to trailer prior to weighing in.
- Artificial bait only. No trolling or live bait fishing. Only 1 rod allowed at a time. (A-RIGS are legal)
- No alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs allowed during tournament. If you’re subject to taking a polygraph no drinking after you weigh your fish until all places and prizes have been decided.
- No culling at the dock. Only 5 fish allowed in live well at any time.
- Cutting down of green trees to fish during the tournament prior to any pride of the south tournament will result in being banned from fishing the trail.
- Each team is allowed (1) alternate for the season to keep the points. Any team using a 4th person for their team the Boater and the 4th person will create a new team. The alternate cannot fish alone and must have either the boater or non-boater in the boat to be eligible to fish. An alternate must fish at least 1 regular season event to be eligible for any championship. Cannot use an alternate for the first time in a Championship. You will have to fish solo if you partner can’t fish. Adult-Youth teams can use 1 alternate for the Adult or Youth. The adult cannot fish solo to get points for Adult-Youth team.
- Points will be based on a 200 points scale. The winner gets 200 points and goes down 1 point per place. If any teams that has entered the tournament does not weigh in or zeroes they will receive 25 points less than the last place team that weighed in. Your lowest point’s tournament will be dropped for the season.
- Must follow all water safety rules. Life jackets while big motor running unless loading your boat.
- Must abide by all “NO WAKE ZONES”. This includes blast off at live oak. Upper and Lower Bryants on Tensaw must obey buoys.
- Can leave the boat in an emergency situations only. No fishing allowed while not inside of the boat during an emergency. If a team member has to leave early you are allowed to drop him off at the dock. Once a person leaves the boat they are not allowed back in the boat to fish anymore in that tournament. The angler staying must remain in the boat the entire time.
- Off limits are determined by state laws. No fishing in ponds or private waters during high water levels. No casting into a private or off limit waters even if your boat is not sitting in the off limits waters. Cannot leave the boat to gain access to fishable waters. You are allowed to lock through Dams. The following are OFF-LIMITS DOCTOR LAKE, HELLCAT LAKE, BOYKIN LAKE, FLAG LAKE, GREEN LAKE, BEAR LAKE, CHOCTAW LAKE, and OLIN BASIN.
- Must obey all posted signs this includes dams. (Section 220-6-19 it shall be unlawful to fail to comply with any restrictive sign, buoy, or marker as approved by the Director of the Alabama Marine Police Division). Treat the sign like a wall do not cross nor cast past the posted sign or the area the sign is referencing this includes private ponds or off-limit areas.
- Any team fishing in 3 mile creek on mobile river, you must obey the “idle only” designated areas.
- Any Boat is allowed to carry gas with you in an approved coast guard tank with quick disconnects. Hand Held tanks are not allowed cannot leave boat to get gas on land. No one is allowed to bring you gas during the tournament.
- Live well check will be conducted during registration.
- An approved boat must be equipped with an Outboard Water Cooled motor only. No jet foot motors or go-devil style motors will be allowed to enter the tournament. Also live well, navigation and running lights. (Any questions call Tournament Director 228-327-5941)
- If a team has their trolling motor down FISHING you must give that team a 50 YD courtesy distance unless both teams agree differently. If a team has their anchor out FISHING you must give that team a 100 YD courtesy distance unless both teams agree. This does not mean you can block access to fishable waters by sitting in the entrance of a creek or lake. If a boat wants to gain entrance and your fishing the mouth they are allowed to idle or troll past WITHOUT FISHING until they reach the courtesy distance.
- Anyone that fishes any of the pride of the south tournaments are fishing at their own risk and cannot hold anyone that is involved in the tournament responsible.
- Each event will have a mandatory polygraph test performed per the Tournament director’s decision. A formal protest must be filed by the closing of the scales in person. Any obscene or vulgar gestures said at the event as a result of the protest will result in banning of the trail. This type of conduct will not be tolerated.
- In case of a 1st place tie the team with the biggest fish in their limit wins the decision and the losing team of the tie will be consider 2nd place. Lunker ties will result in a 50/50 payout split.
- In case of an AOY Points tie. The two teams will be given a 2 hour fish-off after the last event to break the tie. They will be allowed to bring 1 fish back and the largest fish wins.
- W-9 FORMS are required before any team gets paid. All payments will be in form of a check.
ANGLERS OF THE YEARS
TEAMS- The highest team in points after the 1 drop tournament will be our team anglers of the year and will be boat #1 for the following season with free entries.
SOLO- The highest solo in points after the 1 drop tournament will be our solo angler of the year and will be boat #2 for the following season with free entries.
ADULT-YOUTH- The highest adult-youth team in points after the 1 drop tournament will be our adult youth anglers of the year and will be boat #3 for the following season with free entries.
The winning team, solo, and Adult-youth (27 spots) will earn a spot to compete in the semi championship. The remaining spots 33 will be determined by points. If you compete in 5 or more events you also qualify even if not in top 60. If a winning team, solo, or adult-youth team is in the top 27 in points Pride of the South will offer the spot to the next highest team in points until 60 spots are accepted.
The top 30 in points for the year. Win any event. Top 5 solos if not in top 25. Top 5 adult-youth if not in top 25. The top 5 in the Kings of the South events. The highest finishing Solo, Team, and Adult-youth team in the Semi-Championship will earn Free entry (does not include launch, lunker or bonus pots). If you fish 8 out of 9 events you also qualify. Entry fee is $300 before bonus pots. Off-limits for Millers ferry will be observed for the following dates:
MARCH 8th-MARCH 11TH
MARCH 15TH- MARCH 18TH
MARCH 22ND-MARCH 24TH 2021